Breakaway has a variety of components:
- Awareness raising and Breakaway campaign launch during Administrative Services Week, April 20 - 24, 2015. We'll be asking you to take a pledge to Breakawayfrom unmanageable workloads. We'll be issuing a Certificate of Completion and giving away a special trinket to those who take the pledge.
- Member to member (M2M) outreach. BCGEU members just like you will visit your workplace in the coming weeks and months to talk about Breakaway and other campaigns we've undertaken to try to help make your workload more manageable.
- Breakaway fact sheets. We will be distributing four fact sheets to promote awareness about your workplace rights when it comes to workload. They're entitled: Managing Your Workload, Overworked? You Have Rights, Overwork and Stress Put Your Health at Risk and Unpaid Overtime.
- Breakaway photo contest. We'll be asking members to submit photos of themselves and co-workers holding their Breakaway pledge forms. The photos will be entered in a contest to win a $50 gift certificate or the grand prize of an IPad Mini. The photos will be used in an Administrative Services Calendar we'll be issuing for 2016.
- Find out more about the campaign ....
- Find out about the Breakaway photo contest ....